I was playing with Diana Photo yesterday, and it combined a waterfall image with an image that had some clouds. This isn’t that image, but it gave me an idea. I liked the concept, but the two images that Diana Photo used, didn’t quite work for me.
I ended up taking two photos that I thought would work well together, and imported them into Union. By using the waterfall image as the foreground, I could set the blending mode to lighten, and only the brighter part of the image would show through. That made it easier to mask out the bits of the image that I didn’t need.
Next, I used Snapseed to make a few adjustments, including a vintage filter. Finally, I used iColorama to add a slight painterly edit.