I was recently nominated for the Versatile blogger award again by beingjulz.com/. So I have to say thank you very much for the recognition. I’m humbled by you guys everyday when you leave nice comments and take the time to view my pictures. Last time I nominated 15 bloggers it took a looong time to put that post together, so I’m just going to skip that this time and give you 7 new things about me.
1. Don’t let my babyface fool you, I’m 29 years old and still get carded 95% of the time I order a drink.
2. I’m the oldest of 3 boys.
3. I’m a fan of road trips because I enjoy exploring new places with my camera.
4. I’m a good bowler. I use to break 200 often, but haven’t bowled much in recent years.
5. Nobody plays Words with Friends with me anymore because I’m too good haha.
6. I’m very, very single. Thats probably why I have so much time to take pictures and blog
7. Creativity seems to run in my family. We have fantastic singers, musicians, graphic artists, and photographers. One of my brothers is an awesome piano player. Heres a piece he arranged and played in.
My cousin Myriah is also a talented photographer.
Her mom, my aunt Linda, does amazing things with photoshop. Thats Myriah singing the first song on her site, lindaleecreates.com
I have to thank Sheila for giving me the Versatile Blogger Award. I feel humbled knowing that other people appreciate what I’m doing…even if I don’t really know what I’m doing haha.
The rules of the award are:
1. Add the Versatile Award photo on a blog post
2. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
3. Share 7 things about myself.
4. Pass the award along to 15 favorite bloggers.
7 things about me:
- I played baseball for 12 years and tried out for major league scouts when I was 18.
- I’ve been on the field at AT&T park in SF and got to take batting practice against a couple of trash talking former major leaguers, Vida Blue and Tito Fuentes. Tito said he’d buy me season tickets if I went deep on him. I crushed one to left but the wind knocked it down at the warning track
- My photoshop skills (I don’t use PS for this blog) are self taught. All you need these days is an internet connection and you can learn anything.
- I have an associates degree in Early Childhood Education and I’ve taught preschool in the past. I’m also looking to get back into the classroom.
- I wrote and illustrated a childrens book that I’ve been meaning to upload to ibooks as soon as I redo the illustrations in photoshop.
- I like to bake almost as much as I like to eat desserts.
- If I could eat one thing the rest of my life, it would probably be pizza.
My 15 nominations in no particular order:
- http://photobotos.com/ They’re showcasing amazing photos everyday.
- http://postcardsfromcolorado.wordpress.com/ Simple and beautiful photos.
- http://edithlevyphotography.com/ Great photos from a DSLR and iphone.
- http://tracielouisephotography.net/blog/ Tracie is an outstanding photographer and a good source of inspiration.
- http://itssarahsplace.com/ Sarah can cook up anything and take great photos while doing it.
- http://ashcroft54.com/ Really pushing the creative limits of iphoneography.
- http://sillymonkeyphoto.com/ Dmitrii is a very solid HDR photographer.
- http://briangaynorphotography.com/ Brian is easily one of my favorite photographers here. Follow him and enjoy the beautiful images he shares.
- http://ahardyperspective.wordpress.com/ Another excellent photographer on wordpress.
- http://thelittleleaf.wordpress.com/ An A to Z photo project with awesome photos.
- http://mselenalevontraveling.com/ Elena is a beautiful woman with a fascinating story.
- http://enidanpics.wordpress.com/ I’m a sucker for good flower photos.
- http://hellasydney.com/ Her writing style is hilarious.
- http://liketheocean.com/ Another Oregonian with beautiful photos.
- http://gaia365.wordpress.com/ Kenneth is a great iphoneographer.